Pages

background

Friday, September 23, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Growing



It is time for another Five Minute Friday.  Hop on over to the Gypsy Mama for all the details and to join in.

This weeks prompt- Growing.

Go.

Growing, every growing never stopping.  Do you ever wish you could pause time?  Does it seem like it just flies by and you don't have enough time to soak in each stage of life?  It does for me.  It seems like yesterday I was getting married.  It seems like yesterday we brought home our first baby.  It seems like yesterday we brought home our second baby.  It seems like yesterday we found out we were expecting our third baby.  And today where are we today.  We have been married 7 1/2 years, our first is 6, our second is 5 and we are already into the second trimester with our third.  Where did the time go?  When did my babies grow up?  And I still can't believe I will have another baby, Lord willing sometime in Feb or March.  We are all growing, we cannot stop it or control it.  Only God the giver and taker of life can control our growing.  And yet while we are growing we are dying.  Are we prepared?  Do we even know what this means?  Are we sharing and helping other to be prepared for this reality?  Are we growing closer to God or are we dead spiritually?  These are some questions to think about.  It is good to examine our hearts and see where we are compared to where God would have us to be.  I hope I will continue to grow spiritually until the day that I die.  My hope and prayer is that I will be able to guide, teach and train my children as they will grow up in the Lord and so they can continue to grow closer to God throughout their lives.

Times up.  I am sure my thoughts could have kept on coming with this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29