Pages

background

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Princess and her 1st Piano Recital!

Warning brag moment coming...
The Princess had her first piano recital a bit over a week ago.  We had family come in for the special event, so I am only just now getting around to posting. 
She did a lovely job and we are so proud of her.

That cute little nod at the beginning was to her Mommy and Papi. Love, that special little nod!  Seeing her in this video, she looks so grown up already.  I can't believe how fast time flies.  My baby is turning into a young lady right before my eyes, its like a magic show.

I made her recital dress using Sense and Sensibility's Girls' 1780's Portrait Dress Pattern.  This was my first time using one of their patterns and lets just say it isn't the easiest to follow.  There were times I was sure that I was putting this dress together backwards and upside down.  You must read through the entire pattern to include assembly instructions before purchasing any materials needed, they are not listed on the back with all the options like typical store patterns.  For example, I purchased the fabric that was stated on the back for the sash only to come up short.  The listed amount was for a knot, not a bow like what is pictured.  The dress looks a lot better on than it does on the hanger.  The patterns are not bad, just want to share the warning so you can avoid some of the problems I had.  And now for the pics.







4 comments:

  1. Awe...that's so awesome! I remember my daughter's first recital too. Your daughter did an amazing job and looks beautiful!

    How long has she been playing? I love to listen to the children playing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great!!! and her dress is beautiful!!! I am stopping by from Conservamom and I love your site! Hope you can stop by mine and tell me what you think! Best wishes and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she did a wonderful job and I LOVE her dress. She looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for visiting my "Art Saves" story page! And congrats to the Pianist!

    ReplyDelete

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29