Pages

background

Friday, January 25, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Again

Five Minute Friday

Want to join in? Get all the details here .
The rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Go: Again

It's late. Another sleepless night. Someone needs me. They need my hugs and my cuddles. They need me to care for them.  I'm tired, not just tired, but exhausted.  I wonder when with this cycle will end.  When will I sleep again?  My days go by in a fussy fog.  I'm tired, I didn't get much rest.  Coffee has become one of my best friends. Sometimes I get frustrated for the lack of sleep and the daily responsibilities I have, but... But then I remember there is someone who loves me. He didn't just endure lack of sleep. He endured rejection, beatings and death.  All of this the pain of my sin. Somehow I'm given new resolve to stay strong, to continue to love, to be patient (or at least try to). I know in an instant that if my reasons for lack of sleep were gone I would cry "I want them back! I want them all! I will do it again!" So in my weakest, sleepless moments I draw strength from my Saviour's love and the love he has given me for my little ones. The love that lets me know I would do it all again.

1 comment:

  1. So true. I love the hope we have in knowing that every effort we make out of love is all worth it because of God's love for us. Beautiful perspective. Stay strong. (found your post on Lisa-Jo's blog)

    ReplyDelete

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29